Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Shoes + stationery + JYJ love ♥

Look what came in the mail? Latest haul from Gmarket~ Made its way to me just in time before the New Year delays! So I got the JYJ Music Essay I've been waiting for it to come out since I heard the songs from the Seoul Concert! Also got 3 pairs of heels (wedges actually), another bag from Suanna, necklaces, a bunch of colorful pens and a diary which came with a ton of freebies. Gotta love the generous seller.

The box this time was so huuuuge! I could fit into it! (albeit uncomfortably) It was almost 9kg, but most of the weight was probably the multiple boxes...and the weight of the shoes.

The individual boxes inside. It's only half full, actually there's still a lot of empty space!

First pair of shoes Black wedges with gold studs from Heeltown.I love this for the different sized studs, the zip-edged cross straps and the side zip with fringe tassels. Plus points for the straps going above the ankles. These are actually wedges so they're really comfortable to walk in.

Picture of them worn. Pardon the angle cos my mirror is attached to the door of my cupboard so I can't take pictures with it, so I can only take a photo of me looking down at my feet ^^ These were a steal at 8,500won, inclusive of domestic shipping charges of 2,500won. I think they were clearing summer stock, most of the other non-winter shoes were OOS.

The other 2 pairs of shoes I got were from the seller Paris Avenue. Their shoes, especially the wedges are lovely! They have such pretty designs which come in nice colors. The material for most of their wedges is suede. They were around 21,000won each. But the quality/sturdiness is better than the Heeltown pair. The fit as well.

For heels/open toed shoes I'm a 39 in European sizing, 6 for UK sizing, so I got a 250, which is usually the biggest size for most sellers on Gmarket. Sometimes they fit well, other times they don't, it really depends on the seller. I'm glad to say that Paris Avenue was absolutely perfect for me

The first pair I got's called "Tommy London". I originally wanted black but that was sold out. Anyway I already got a black pair (the studded ones from Heeltown) so I thought I'd try navy. And oooh isn't the color pretty I'm glad I got it!

Picture of them worn. These go above the ankles too! Makes your legs look longer hehe. I think. Doesn't it? There's a zipper at the back so you don't actually need to buckle all the straps to put these on. Like I mentioned, sizing for this brand/seller is great!


Side view! These are wedges The padding/material of the sole makes it super comfortable to walk in. And the wedge part is covered with the same navy suede material as the rest of the shoe. Which is great cos sometimes for other sellers/models the top half of the shoe is one color, but the bottom half, the wedge, is like cork/straw or black. But for Paris Avenue all their shoes have colored wedges/wedges covered with the same material as the rest of the shoe. Red, purple, brown, navy, black etc

The second pair I got from Paris Avenue, "Megan" in brown These have laces in the front and a zip at the back. You can wear them either way, either by using the zip or by tying/untying the laces. I like using the laces!

Picture when worn. The height of the heel is the same as "Tommy London", 10cm, but the straps/top of this pair ends below the ankle So it's more casual hehe. Once again, they're very comfortable. And they make your ankles look thin (: Again that's what I think haha. But my legs don't look as long here as they do in with Tommy London so it's not a delusion right!

Side/closeup view. The heel is covered with the same material as the rest of the shoe. Brown suede. These are uber comfy and the sizing and fit is great too!

I've gotten 2 other pairs of heels from 2 other sellers in previous orders from Gmarket, (Sinnanda and Heelda), all in 250 as well, but the cut was always a tad tiny so I'd end up with blisters :( The Sinnanda pair was due to the strap at the front, after walking a long time the top of my toes/side of little toe got blisters. Both pairs had zips at the back which weren't comfortable, cos I think the shoes were a bit short, and they ended at the ankle, so I got blisters at the back of my ankles because the top of the zipper cut into the back of my ankle. But the ones from Paris Avenue are perfect and aren't tight in any places. And even though Megan's zip ends at the ankle, it doesn't cut into me. The Heeltown pair's a bit short (ie front toes stick out a bit) but that won't cause blisters, cos the strap's not tight, the zip's at the side and the whole shoe goes above my ankle. So, I love it~

Got more necklaces from Jenashop. Another owl and a big round pendant. This owl has a more delicate feel than the previous leafy owl. The ribbon hair tie was a freebie with 2 necklaces purchased

Close up of the pendant! The stones surrounding are set one by one, so this necklace will spruce up any plain outfit (:

And I got another bag from Suanna~ After seeing how great the quality of the Angel Wings Big Bag was, I decided to get another bag from Suanna. This time I got the Katharine Mash Bag Season 2 in Mocha Chocolate. Season 2 has the front pocket/bow/lock thing, the season 1 version doesn't. When I bought it it was 37,800won, but now it's selling for only 29,800won! Guess I don't feel too bad since I got it for ~32,000won after using coupons. It comes in other colors like white, black and smoky violet, which looks like gray.

Like all Suanna bags it came with a large dust bag with the words Suanna Black Label.

The interior of the bag. This is probably the most true to the color picture. The Katharine Mash Bag doesn't have as many compartments as the Angel Wings Big Bag, but it still has a zipped compartment and 2 pockets for phone/ipod. And there's outside compartment at the front of the bag. This bag is a shoulder/tote bag and has a zip closure for the main compartment.

The outside compartment/pocket has a magnetic closure ♥

Another view of the interior. The inner lining is really nice! (The color in this pic is a bit off, see the 2 pics above!) It's soft and satiny and of good quality. Most bags on Gmarket usually have the thick cottony/linen/rough lining that's either black or in some print that doesn't match.

And this one came free with the Katharine Mash Bag! I don't know what the name of this model is though. It reminds me of a bucket bag due to how it's closed, the gathered top. It's made of a satiny material, really soft. You probably shouldn't use this for heavy stuff. The quilted part at the bottom is somehow reinforced I think, the material's a lot thicker than the non-quilted part at the top.

And even though it was free, it came with a dust bag as well~

The inside has a zip compartment as well~ And mobile phone pockets too. It's really...orange. But oh well it was a freebie and I'm sure I'll find some way to match it with something! (:

And my beloved JYJ Music Essay. Which I was dying with anticipation waiting for And after it came I just couldn't wait and already posted a separate, more detailed post here!

The back side of the box/package.

The planner and the 4 bookmarks! 1 each of the members and 1 group.

The CD and lyrics booklet at the back.

Got a set of Staedtler pens in a hot pink casing~ 20 pens! I actually got another set a few years back, but obviously they've been used up and when I saw these on Gmarket I just had to get them. Got it at 13,000won from the seller Lovepen.

The case can be unrolled to this! Each pen has it's own band holder so it won't slip And there's a detachable zip case on the left, beside the yellow pen. (It's kind of cut off in the pic, you can see half of it ^^)

And onto the diary! The seller, CMtoo, taped the box with this pretty pink and white checked tape

I got this Edge Calligraphy diary and sticker set. The diary comes in a box, and the sticker set comes in its own plastic.

And these were freebies! Just for that diary+sticker set! The seller kindly gave me a mini -hanging calendar, a passport cover from Mono Village, a set of adorable post-its from the same brand as the calendar, a card holder, and a set of stickers. How generous!

The diary itself came in a box, and came with a clear PVC cover, 2 sheets of stickers, and calendar sheet cards. The 2 sheets of stickers that came with the diary are different from the sticker set.

This was a very very satisfying haul Well, it wasn't really a haul cos I didn't get that many items, but the stationery freebies and 3 pairs of wedges made it seem like a haul ehehe. And no I haven't bought much clothes from Gmarket since summer because all their clothes now are thick, woolly winter clothes...which will totally kill me in Singapore's heat! Although I really really love the winter shoes :( But I can't even wear closed shoes (other than flimsy thin flats) here without my feet feeling like they're in a sauna! So I'm just waiting for the pretty spring dresses (:

6 comments:

  1. nice shoes! [: the brown pair is pretty! after wearing them for awhile (i assume you have used them) how would you say the quality is? does it wear out like super fast or have parts that peel off? coz i have ordered korean shoes from sprees before and sometimes the quality is quite bad but how are the quality of these? do you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice haul <3

    The diary seller sure is generous! <3

    Suanna bags are great, I've ordered a few myself before, always want more <3

    -Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. @sherry ♥

    The quality of the brown pair is quite good (: I wear them almost everyday to school, and I have to walk up and down A LOT of stairs, as well as long distances from building to building. So far they haven't worn out of had peeling parts, and they're truly comfortable to walk in even for long periods of time (: More comfortable than the Heeltown pair!

    Yepp, I'd recommend the brown pair, out of the 3 it's the most wearable and comfortable! :D I'm actually contemplating getting it in other colors but...that would be a bit excessive right? ^^

    Hope that answered your question!

    ♥ Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi!

    d brown wedges looks really nice.
    what shoe size do you normally buy in sg?
    cos I've really big feet (size 40), worried that the shoe size will be too small..

    ReplyDelete
  5. @luvin_se7en ♥

    Hello! (:

    Normally I get 39 for open-toed shoes, sometimes 40 depending on cut/length. For sandals and closed shoes I get 40/41 cos I have an oddly long right middle toe ^^ The length of my foot flat on the ground from heel to tip of index toe is ~26cm if that helps?

    Korean shoes tend to run a bit small, for most shoes even the 250 are a bit tight/short for me :( It really depends on the seller and cut and luck!

    ♥ Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi,
    i have really long toes too ><
    guess i won't be buying since i hardly see bigger sizes available..
    thanks for d reply :D

    ReplyDelete