Saturday, April 9, 2011

Vampire Diaries is baaack ♥

A friend tweeted me, I had totally forgotten that it "returns" this week, since it's been on hiatus/break for sooo long! Anyway, I love the Vampire Diaries

Next post'll be on lashes? My favorites, what I have and what I'm contemplating on getting (: I love false lashes, I have pathetic excuses for lashes, they don't curl at all (they're short and really go straight downwards, mascara and curlers don't help T_T ) And false lashes go a long way into making eyes look bigger, giving volume and length that mascara can't, and giving a more awake look even when you feel like zonking out

My HG lash glue: Dolly Wink Eyelash Fix!

The only imperfection is that it's not waterproof, so if you sweat or cry a lot or get a bucket of water thrown on you then your lashes'll come off. But that doesn't happen to me so this is great! Sticks over powder shadow, cream shadow, eyeliner. Dries clear. Doesn't move much even when glue is wet, ie you apply the glue onto the lash, and you can immediately stick it on, no need to wait for it to dry or be semi-dry :D

See, I don't have time to wave the lash around waiting for the glue to dry, with this, I just apply the glue onto the lash and paste the lash on even while the glue is wet. Totally stays put and dries clear. Even if you make a mess and initially spill glue all over your eyelid (from putting too much on the lash), it'll dry clear and the lash'll stay put. Dolly Wink Eyelash Fix lash glue

But on days I feel like more heavy duty sticking power is required, I mix the Dolly Wink glue with this, it's waterproof. However I don't like using this on its own even though it's waterproof, as it's super runny so when you try to place the lash on your eye, it doesn't stay in place and you have to keep fixing it/hold it in place until this glue dries. I only bought it cos my first tube of Dolly Wink Lash glue was running out, and there was no stock of Dolly Wink in Singapore. A while later stock came in but I was out of the country. When I came back I grabbed the last 2 I saw. I'm finishing another one soon, I need to stock up!

The tubed Dolly Wink Lash Glue is totally different from the mini ones that come with the lashes. The mini ones are kinda hopeless/don't stick ^^ So the bottom line is, I like the Dolly Wink Lash Glue very much cos I can apply the lash on which the glue is wet and the lash won't budge. Good for when I'm in a rush/don't have time (which is often!)

Anyway, next post'll be lashes! ♥♥♥

6 comments:

  1. Hi!! Nice review on the dollywink glue! Im currently in luv with it too using it for my falsies.. its really lightweight feeling & sticks well.. Currently using the small tubed ver that comes with the lashes.. it was gd enough that i went & ordered the full size glue! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous ♥
    Hi~ (: Yeah I really love this glue! Other than being non-waterproof, this glue is amazing~! I've used up 3 tubes^^ ♥

    ♥Karisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello :3
    I was wondering if you know any glue that would be also anti-allergical (;_;)' ? I have DUO adhesive with latex and also one from KOJI without latex and still my eyes and eyelids burn and itch really bad >.<; my eyes get also all teary after using any of these... I would love to try Dolly Wink lash adhesive or some other one but they're not cheap (+shipping to Europe, meh...) and I'm afraid of wasting my money. any help? (;-;)'
    love,
    Miru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miru!
      I'm not quite sure, most lash glues don't really come with hypoallergenic labels...Dolly Wink lash glues are the latex kind, so if you're allergic to latex then you shouldn't try it >< Do you know which specific ingredient you react to? Kiss Me Heroine Make's eyelash glue is supposed to be quite gentle, it's non-latex, perhaps you could try that? But I wouldn't know if you'll end up reacting to it ><
      ♥Karisa

      Delete
  4. thank you for the answer <3 and ahh, you see ,it's hard to day what exactly I could be allergic to :c I've used DUO adhesive (with latex) and Koji eyelash fix (without latex) and both of those caused allergy (;_;)' I'm trying to search for some glue that would be really gentle but I can't find ANY info (;_;)' I was looking at kiss me heroine, eye love matsuge, jumily, nailnail dup etc. but honestly I can't find any review or anything that would include such informations (._.)"
    love,
    Miru

    ReplyDelete